Saturday, January 30, 2010

Having A Hernia How Long Does Swelling Last After Having Inguinal Hernia Repair Surgery?

How long does swelling last after having inguinal hernia repair surgery? - having a hernia

I just had a break about 2 weeks and am still very swollen. I'm curious how the duration lasts, I had severe swelling and pain that this run in the area around the incision and around the area of swelling. I'm curious if you could touch a nerve or something, or are these symptoms normal recovery.

2 comments:

acohen20... said...

Good question, I think the answer lies in that what the operation was performed?
Patch?
Laparoscopic?
Most times the expected recovery time is more than a month.
http://www.herniasymptoms.org for more information

cosmo1 said...

It takes a good 6-9 months to heal completely, so that when you are on a lot of pain, it is probably quite normal. There are many muscles it takes to heal. With respect to the swelling that individual. Hold the ice. I would be interested if it looks inflamed.

Post a Comment